Shark Bite Corvette C2 – C3 Rear Coil Over
Are you satisfied with how your classic Corvette feels in a tight corner? Does it seem kind of loose and drifty? Shark Bite rear coil over kits will make your C2 or C3 substantially more responsive. It will go where you point it! Check out our options to update old technology to modern specs, and get a great look too.
* Shark Bite™ Rear Coil Over Suspension offers truly independent suspension – no more coupling from left to right which you get from the factory multi-leaf or aftermarket monoleaf spring. It make a C2-3 a true IRS something missing in the C7 which still has a transverse spring!
* Shark Bite™ kits offer adjustable ride height in minutes while on the vehicle.
* There are a variety of spring rates available which can be changed out in a few minutes.
* With Shark Bite™ kits you can change your springs in less than 20 minutes – easy access and quick release pins allow for rapid spring changes for on the road or on the track .
* Lighter weight – Shark Bite™ kits weigh less than the factory spring.
* Shark Bite™ kits load the same location on the vehicle as the factory spring loads.
* Race inspired rocker arm design.
* Shark Bite™ kits are a Bolt-On installation -absolutely no welding, cutting or drilling. Installs with basic hand tools in approximately 3 hours .
* Shark Bite™ kits offer adjustable shock valving so you can tune the ride to exactly the way you like it.
* Works with factory exhaust and with factory spare tire.
* Highly visible -looks incredible!
Shark Bite™ kits are a complete package: They provide performance and they just look awesome!
Many improvements are possible on GM’s original suspension design for the C2 and C3 Corvette. Speed Direct has re-engineered a basic rear suspension element on this great car. In taking ues from the racing segment, we have developed a coil over solution that replaces the original transverse leaf spring. Our design incorporates a rocker arm coupled to the existing trailing arm through spherical joints. The rocker arm incorporates an advanced composite Teflon bearing that is extremely rugged requiring no lubrication over its lifetime. On the other end of the rocker is a coil-over shock assembly in which the owner can adjust both shock valving and ride height. This allows maximum flexibility in custom settings to tune the handling balance to the driver’s preference.
This unique kit provides a significant improvement over the stock leaf spring and gives the adjustability that you are looking for. With the Shark Bite rear coil over suspension kit, the rear suspension is truly independent – no connection between the left and right side of the car, In addition, this product is completely bolt on! We know Corvette In addition, this product is completely bolt on! We know Corvette many owners want to keep the option to return to stock, yet want to be able to take advantage of something as revolutionary as Shark Bite technology. Kits work with many aftermarket components like offset trailing arms (also available through SpeedDirect).
There are many spring and shock options available. Not sure what kit is right for you? Learn more about shock valving and spring rates in our tech section.
If you plan to use single offset trailing arms with our rear coil over kit, there is a bracket that needs to be welded onto the offset trailing arm to provide a mounting location for the rear coil overs. This bracket is included with the kit. Shark Bite kits will NOT work with double offset trailing arms.)